Kromexican Light – A Mexican Style Beer Recipe Kit
Mexican style beer brewing is unique for using flaked maize (a central crop in Mexico) along with the regular malt in its recipe. The abundantly available corn adds a touch of sweetness and dries out the beer better. This gives a lighter body and the extra crispiness.
The Mexican lager has a low alcohol content of 4.5% ABV. One can down more than a bottle without getting tipsy.
With great white foam on top, just a dash of lime can get the taste of the beach right where you are.
This beer brewing kit contains:
- 1.7kg Mexican Light HME
Hopped Malt Extract (HME): Ready to use pre-hopped malt extract made from malts for the Mexican lager with hops added to balance the sweetness with some bitterness. Hops have characteristic flavours and aromas that are imparted to the wort and finally the beer.
HME is a thick semi liquid obtained by evaporating water from the wort.
- 1.7kg Ultra Light LME
Liquid Malt Extract (LME): High quality grains are malted and mashed in a hygienic environment. The wort (this is the liquid containing the sugars from the grains) is separated from the spent grains and passed through a dehydrator to reduce the water content to 20%. Hence, LME is thick and syrupy.
- A packet of Yeast
Yeast in powdered form is easier to handle and has a longer shelf life.
Add the yeast to the wort at the right temperature (specified in the recipe) and maintain the recommended optimum temperature to activate and boost the yeast activity.
This Homebrew Recipe Kit will make 24 Liters of Kromexican Light.Single Step Sanitizer
Need Equipment ? Click on below link to get Equipment Kits to Brew this Beer Style24 Liter Brewing Equipment Kit
Don’t forget about the bottling Kit, click on below link to check our complete solution of bottling kit.Bottling kit - A complete Solution
Sanitizing every bit of your brewing area and equipment is important so that your hard work doesn’t go waste due to contamination. Use our Single step sanitizer. Mix it in warm water (7.5 litres) and soak the smaller items in it or run the solution through equipment. Doesn’t need any further rinsing with water too.
Simple steps to HomeBrew all by yourself
We have provided the malt extract and yeast in the kit. All you need is some water to mix the extract to prepare the wort and when the temperature is right, add the yeast.
A quick 30 minute procedure before you put it away for fermentation.
- Add about 11 litres of cold water to the fermenter.
Beer is about 90-95% water, so use good quality water since it impacts the beer taste.
- Place both the cans from the ingredients kit in hot water after removing the yeast packet from under the lid.
- Boil 3 litres of water in a clean 9 litre or a larger vessel.
- Remove the boiling water from the heat and pour out contents from both the cans. Slowly stir and dissolve them completely to prepare the wort.
- Pour the wort into the fermenter. Add more water to bring the liquid level to the 23 litre mark on the fermenter and mix well.
- Check the temperature with a thermometer. Keep stirring and wait for the temperature to reach between 3-15°C.
- Add the yeast. Place the lid and attach the airlock.
- Keep the fermenter in this 3-15°C temperature range for 7-14 days out of direct sunlight.
|Ingredients||BARLEY and WHEAT malt with different roasts, hops, hop extract, water, dry yeast in sachet|
|Use & Storage||To be kept in a cool and dry place|
|Alcohol by Volume (ABV) range||4.5|