Signature Series Whispering Weizen Beer Recipe Kit – 24 Liters
Hints of fruity flavour in this wheat based Traditional Beer makes it a light and refreshing all-season drink.
Available on backorder
Signature Series Whispering Weizen Beer Recipe Kit
Wheat beer is so named since it is brewed with more malted wheat (>50%) than malted barley. This gives it a light colour ranging from straw to pale amber.
These beers are generally served unfiltered which is the reason behind its usual hazy appearance.
This beer brewing kit contains:
- 1.7kg Wheat Liquid Malt Extract
Liquid Malt Extract: High quality grains (for wheat beer, it is wheat and barley mainly) are malted and mashed in a hygienic environment. The wort (this is the liquid containing the sugars from the grains) is separated from the spent grains and passed through a dehydrator to reduce the water content to 20%. Hence, LME is thick and syrupy.
- 3kg Dry Malt Extract
Dry Malt Extract: Concentrating malt extract by vacuum drying LME till it has only about 2% water makes it dry like a powder.
- A packet of Yeast
Yeast in powdered form is easier to handle and has a longer shelf life.
Add the yeast to the wort at the right temperature (specified in the recipe) and maintain the recommended optimum temperature to activate and boost the yeast activity.
This Homebrew Recipe Kit will make 24 Liters of Whispering Weizen BeerSingle Step Sanitizer
Need Brewing Equipment ? Click on below link to get Brewing Kit to make this Beer Style24 Liter Brewing Equipment Kit
Don’t forget about the bottling Kit, click on below link to check our complete solution of bottling kit.Bottling kit - A complete Solution
Sanitizing every bit of your brewing area and equipment is important so that your hard work doesn’t go waste due to contamination. Use our Single step sanitizer. Mix it in warm water (7.5 litres) and soak the smaller items in it or run the solution through equipment. Doesn’t need any further rinsing with water too.
Simple steps to HomeBrew all by yourself
We have provided the malt extract and yeast in the kit. All you need is some water to mix the extract to prepare the wort and when the temperature is right, add the yeast.
A quick 30 minute procedure before you put it away for fermentation.
- Add about 11 liters of cold water to the fermenter.
Beer is about 90-95% water, so use good quality water since it impacts the beer taste.
- Place both the cans from the ingredients kit in hot water after removing the yeast packet from under the lid.
- Boil 3 liters of water in a clean 9 liter or a larger vessel.
- Remove the boiling water from the heat and pour out contents from both the cans. Slowly stir and dissolve them completely to prepare the wort.
- Pour the wort into the fermenter. Add more water to bring the liquid level to the 23 liter mark on the fermenter and mix well.
- Check the temperature with a thermometer. Keep stirring and wait for the temperature to reach between 18-28°C.
- Add the yeast. Place the lid and attach the airlock.
- Keep the fermenter in this 18-28°C temperature range for 7-14 days out of direct sunlight.
|Use & Storage||To be kept in a cool and dry place|
|Alcohol by Volume (ABV) range||4.5|